Mindful LeadershipTAKING YOUR LEADERSHIP TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Mindful Leaders exhibit high levels of self-awareness and intentionality in their actions. In a fast paced and chaotic world mindfulness enables leaders to clear their minds of clutter, focus on what is important, and be creative while increasing their ability to make complex decisions and manage change.
Increasingly, companies see mindfulness training as a competitive advantage.
“The gold-standard studies show that there is less mind wandering and distractibility among those who practice regular mindfulness routines. These people showed better concentration, even when multi-tasking. The business implications are manifest: higher productivity and fewer conceptual gaps.”—Harvard Business Review, September,2017
“In a survey of 2,000 employees, Bain & Company found that among 33 leadership traits the ability to be mindfully present is the most essential of all.” –-Harvard Business Review, December 13, 2017
“The use of mindful practices like meditation, introspection, and journaling are taking hold at such successful enterprises as Google, General Mills, Goldman Sachs, Apple, Medtronic, and Aetna, and contributing to the success of these remarkable organizations.”—Harvard Business Review, March 2014
Based on extensive research and the highly regarded book, “Finding the Space to Lead: a Practical Guide to Mindful Leadership, this interactive and personalized series provides a guide to integrate the practice of “mindfulness” into the practical aspects/dynamics of leadership: effective communication, decision-making, innovation, and strategic planning, as well as interpersonal challenges such as listening and working with difficult colleagues. Leaders will have opportunities to learn, experience, and practice proven techniques for integrating Mindful Leadership into everyday life to enhance their ability to lead and live with excellence.
- Gain an understanding of the definition, research, and benefits of mindful leadership.
- Develop skills to more effectively regulate mental and emotional states to become more focused, clear, creative, compassionate, and connected in and out of the workplace.
- Develop and implement a plan to integrate mindful practices into your day-to day personal/professional life.
- The Mindful Leadership Movement—Why now, what for, and how it can make a difference
- The Science of the mind/body connection
- Seeing thoughts and emotions clearly—challenges & opportunities
- Mindful communication
- Bringing mindfulness more fully into your day
- Kindness and compassion in the workplace
- Mindful Leadership—reaching your potential to lead
- Creating a personalized mindful practice—what works for me?
All sessions are highly interactive and include simple mindful practices that can readily be incorporated into your daily workplace schedule.
John Ropar, PhD
John Ropar, PhD, former director, John Carroll University Counseling Center and currently in private practice has worked with hundreds of individuals and presented numerous programs and workshops on mindfulness that enables individuals to incorporate mindful practices into everyday life.
Chris Williams, PhD
Senior Director of Leadership Development, Facilitator
Christine Williams, PhD, has worked extensively with leaders throughout the United States and has incorporated mindful practices and techniques into her work for over thirty years. She is currently Senior Director of Leadership Development for Heart to Heart Leadership.