Leadership from WithinTAKING YOUR LEADERSHIP TO THE NEXT LEVEL
This course is an in-depth and practical guide that goes beyond competencies and skill-building. It is an interactive journey that gives leaders a road map to navigate the challenges of personal and professional growth. This is done by providing an environment that promotes the exchange of ideas and shared experiences among leaders. Within this group, you will have access to individuals with whom you can exchange ideas and share strategies to achieve personal and professional growth and success. You will learn with and from others how you can integrate ethics, spirituality and integrity into your day-to-day work life while balancing work, family, service, and self from a values-based perspective.
Leadership from Within 6-month series will begin in January.
Session 1 – Opening Retreat – Preparing for the Journey
Session 2 – Telling Our Stories: Strengthening Our Connections
Session 3 – The Foundation of Leadership Development
Session 4 – Working through Conscious and Shadow Beliefs
Session 5 – The Quest for Authenticity
Session 6 – Discovering and Living with Purpose
Session 7 – Relating Well with Others
Session 8 – Opening Up to Change
Session 9 – Moving toward Greater Resilience
Session 10 – Taking the Journey within as a Human Being
Session 11 – Laying the Groundwork for Taking Action
Session 12 – Closing Retreat – Coaching Yourself and Others
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES: Participants will strengthen their leadership development with an emphasis upon personal inner growth as the foundation for effective leadership. They will:
- Discover how to be more aware of the healthy and unhealthy thoughts, feelings, and beliefs within their inner life and how their inner life impacts their outer work, relationships, and leadership.
- Learn and practice ways to become healthier, proactive, mindful, and calm within.
- Identify the inner and outer qualities of authentic and effective leaders and ways to further develop those characteristics.
- Develop a mission and purpose statement for a greater sense of meaning and purpose at work.
- Learn, reflect upon, and commit to improving how they understand, communicate, care, and work with others
- Develop practical ways to become more adaptable and resilient through change.
- Recognize and commit to key practices which facilitate lifelong renewal of mind, body, and spirit.
- Learn and practice ways they can be a more effective coach to people within their leadership responsibilities.
- Shared storytelling as a means to understanding and valuing others.
- The fundamental attributes of good and effective leaders.
- The call for leaders to look within and strengthen their inner life.
- The power of purpose as a foundation for life, love, and leadership.
- How to relate well and strengthen relationships with others.
- The learning and growth contained in change.
- Recognizing the underlying causes of stress and how best to deal with them.
- Ways to get in touch with and deepen the spirit/Spirit within.
- Insights and practices for becoming an effective leader who coaches well.
- What to do in an ongoing way to grow as a person in order to grow as a leader.
- Reflective evaluation of each person’s growth through the series.
- Recognize and experience personal development as a significant foundation for their leadership development.
- Better connect with their inner selves and the life experience of others – recognizing their commonality with others and realizing that they are not alone in dealing with human struggles.
- Become more vital, energized, and proactive from monitoring their healthy and unhealthy thoughts, feelings, and beliefs and learning ways to become healthier from the inside out.
- Develop a stronger sense of meaning and purpose to their work and overall lives.
- Become more effective as a leader in dealing with and coaching others to deal with workplace challenges – including stress, miscommunication, interpersonal relationships, and work-life imbalance.
- See themselves as more confident, able to be an authentic and effective leader.
- Strengthen employee engagement and improve the culture of the organization.
- Develop employees who have a stronger sense of being valued and appreciated and a greater commitment to the organization.
- Benefit from assisting employees, especially leaders, in the ways they deal with change and uncertainty.
- Be better equipped, beforehand, to deal with employee dissatisfaction and thereby avoid loss of time and energy.