Inclusive LeadershipTAKING YOUR LEADERSHIP TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Experience personal development and inclusive leadership at every level as a significant foundation for their leadership development.
Develop a stronger sense of meaning and purpose to their work and overall lives.
Better connect with their inner-selves and others – recognizing their commonality and realizing that they are not alone in dealing with human struggles.
Become more effective as a leader--dealing with workplace challenges – including stress, miscommunication, interpersonal relationships, and work-life imbalance.
Become more vital, energized, and proactive by monitoring conscious and unconscious thoughts, beliefs, and biases and learning ways to become healthier from the inside out.
See themselves as more confident, able to be an authentic and effective leader.
• Strengthen employee engagement and improve the culture of the organization through leaders who are more aware and inclusive.
• Develop employees who have a stronger sense of being valued and appreciated and a greater commitment to the workforce, workplace, and marketplace.
• Benefit from assisting employees, especially leaders, in the ways they deal with diversity, change, and uncertainty.
• Be better equipped, beforehand, to deal with employee dissatisfaction and thereby avoid turnover or the loss of time, energy, and other resources.
Overall Program Goals:
• Introduce leaders to foundational concepts that guide their recognition of the dimensions of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) both personally and professionally.
• Provide opportunities for leaders to reflect, renew, and connect with others, as they focus on personal growth as an inclusive leaders
• Support leaders in their ongoing development to become more self-aware, authentic, purposeful, ethical, caring, balanced, and proactive
• Foster and expand thinking about how to promote DEI in the workplace
• Determine practical action steps and develop action plans to leverage DEI to become more effective leaders.
“We’re all stressed, yet the leadership series has been a place to recharge and restock your tool kit. I’ve had the opportunity to learn from the personal experiences of my peers and other community leaders.
The Heart to Heart team created a safe space for us to share, grow and even be vulnerable. In the midst of our nation grappling with systemic racism, we were challenged to look within at and sit with our own unconscious bias and how we communicate and show up for everyday. This leadership series is impactful and not for the faint at heart. There will be “in your face”; “heart to heart” “crucial conversations” moments, but it’s worth it!”
• Define diversity and inclusion and relate both concepts to our everyday lives.
• Shared storytelling to understanding and valuing others.
• The fundamental attributes of effective and inclusive leaders.
• The call for leaders to look within and strengthen their inner life.
• How to relate well and strengthen relationships with others.
• Insights and practices for becoming an effective and inclusive leader who coaches well.
• What to do in an ongoing way to grow as a person and as an inclusive leader.
• Reflective evaluation of each person’s growth through the series.
• Personal Diversity Maturity Index (PDMI), a scenario-based tool from SDMS 360 that introduces the importance of responding to diversity challenges with sound judgment and clarity.
• Readings and reflections from the book “How to Be an Inclusive Leader” by Jennifer Brown.
“The Inclusive Leadership program was a valuable experience in leadership for me as it fostered a deeper level of personal reflection within my life and leadership. The theme of ‘baking inclusion in’ as opposed to ‘sprinkling on top’ has been reinforced within my own organizational leadership.
Like most things of value, the Inclusive Leadership program is as valuable as you make it — the engagement within the readings and the pursued relationships with classmates develops this program from good to great.”
- Session 1: Opening Retreat – Preparing for the Journey
- Session 2: Telling Our Stories, Strengthening Our Connections
- Session 3: Communicating Across Differences
- Session 4: The Business Case for Diversity and Inclusion
- Session 5: Becoming and Inclusive Leader
- Session 6: Understanding Diversity Maturity: Identify the Inclusive Leader Model
- Session 7: Leading Through Synergy and Service: Group service activity
- Session 8: Stronger Together, Fighting Bias
- Session 9: Understanding Privilege
- Session 10: The Power of Inclusion
- Session 11: Walking the DEI Talk
- Session 12: Closing Retreat: Celebration, program evaluation
“Because of the way the sessions were facilitated, when we debriefed the various exercises and discussion questions, the atmosphere that had been developed and encouraged, provided a safe space for the participants to interact and share! I would highly recommend this program for leaders and others who want to deepen and enrich their personal perspectives on inclusivity.”
Charmaine Rice, MA
Charmaine Rice, MA, has worked extensively in workshop facilitation, instructional design, organizational development, change management, and team building. She believes that diversity inspires innovation and inclusion is the secret to sustainable success for individuals, teams, and organizations. She currently works as the Vice President, Diversity and Inclusion at AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.
“Jeremy and Charmaine are excellent ‘servant leaders’ that relate to each individual and drive thought provocation from the first meeting.”